This year I will be celebrating Mother’s Day in a whole new way. It’s my first year being a mom to a human kid. My dog kids never did seem to treat me differently on Mother’s Day than any other day of the year. So in honor of all the great moms and grandmas out there, here is a round up of free printables and gift ideas for the special women in your life.
1. Love vs Design has this beautiful card and gift tags as a free printable in two color choices.
2. Another Love vs Design idea for moms, a free printable set of recipe cards in beautiful color combinations for those moms who L O V E to cook!
3. A great idea for kids of great moms, Love and Marriage has this awesome free printable for kids to fill out about how much the L O V E their moms.
4. For those of you planning a breakfast in bed, THIS IS PERFECT! Free printables from Oh Happy Day help you personalize and stroll down memory lane all while enjoying your eggs and bacon.
5. Over at Five & One there is a great tutorial on a luxurious sea salt coconut oil scrub with free printable gift tags.
Here is my favorite way to say MOM, I LOVE YOU! It’s another salt scrub variation using jojoba oil and Young Living essential oils.
DIY Salt Scrub for your tired and aching body.
Supplies: Be sure to use pure and organic ingredients for the most beneficial scrub! Check out this link for my go to essential oils. It’s all about the quality.
small container with a tight sealing lid (I love these!)
1/2 cup himalayan sea salt
5 – 8 drops of the essential oil of your choice (Young Living lavender, lemongrass, purification, or stress away are my favorite)
1 TBS jojoba oil (such a GREAT skin oil)
2 TBS coconut oil in the liquid state (just warm it up a bit to get it liquid if you need to)
Mix the coconut and jojoba oils together. If you don’t have both on hand you can also make it with just one. It will still turn out wonderfully! After you have the oils mixed together add the essential oils. I usually add more oils because I love a powerful smell but just add a couple drops at a time and stop when it smells beautiful to you. Now all you need to do is mix in the sea salt until it is mixed thoroughly. Pour or spoon it into your container. Add a nice gift tag or label. VOILA! Give it to your mom and encourage her to get some rest and relaxation.
I’ve been doing DIY gifts for years. As a family, my husband and I decided that this was the best way to show our love to the people that mean the most to us. A few years ago I made my mom a spa package for Christmas. Like most moms, she didn’t want to ruin it by using it so it sat and sat and sat. A few weeks ago she FINALLY used the lavender salt scrub and was going on and on about how soft her legs were. She said, ‘had I known how soft and smooth my skin would be I would have used this years ago’. Haha! Mom, I love you!